Sunday, March 15, 2009

A day in the life....

I've just been reading a few of these on other blogs. The idea is for the 14th of the month a rundown of your day. So here goes. Sorry no photos this time.

6:55am out of bed and get the boys up. Quick shower and breakfast for everybody and off to cricket for Rusty. He attends Wesley College so every saturday morning it is interschool sport. Yesterday they played Carey Baptist Grammar and he managed to score 2 runs.

After dropping him off Monster and I went and bought "Snotgobble and the Bogey Bully" by Michael Broad for Monster to read while I had my eyes tested. (Yes the story line is as Gross and you are thinking but he's a 7yo boy)

The eye test found that my distance glasses were fine, no change there but I now need reading glasses so I had to choose new frames with the help of a 7yo boy - fun. No I don't like bling on my glasses and no , the ones that look funny are not the best choice.

About 10:15 we left those shops and went to another centre about 15 minutes away. We walked in the door just as a very light shower started. 2 minutes later I got a call from the ex saying that Rusty's game had been washed out and could I pick him up.

We went back to the car in heavy rain and drove through flooded roads back to the school watching the outside temp drop from 25 to 18. Rusty was the last to be picked up, the coach had bundled all the boys into his car to wait for their parents as the buildings were too far to run in the rain.

Back to the shops for a new mouse and computer bag, a birthday present for a boy turning 8 and some lunch then home for an afternoon relaxing, doing some knitting while the boys played computer games. Thaw some food from the freezer for dinner and a Skype chat with Eno and Monkey who are in Hobart before bed.

Well that was my day, nothing out of the ordinary, well except for flash flooding, soaked kids and new glasses.