Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The comments people make....

I was reminded on this bright sunny morning of a similar day in Hobart 12 months ago. I left the hotel wearing a summer dress, high heels and my Buena Vista Bolero, a Jean Moss design from a very popular edition of Rowan magazine. I was carrying my Notebook computer.


As I stopped at the lights to cross the road a lady approached me and said "What a beautiful top; did you buy it or have someone make it for you".


OK she did compliment me in one way but why couldn't I have made it myself? Don't people who carry computers knit? Or was it the high heels and makeup that marked me as a non-knitter?


I said I made it and she immediately said "Oh, I could make that" in a tone that said " oh it must be easy then". She then asked me about the pattern and wool to make it.