Thursday, January 22, 2009

YAY Soleil is finished

Soleil has been a collection of errors from the start.
· I was sure I picked up a 4mm circular needle; it was a 3.75mm.
· I forgot the last side increase
· I added an extra inch between the waist and the armhole.
· I knitted the first half of the front 4 rows short and had to undo the cast off and add more length.
So what was the final result of all these mistakes after all my planning to ensure this fitted?
My tension was spot on for the gauge of the pattern.
The length from waist to bust is correct.
The width of the garment is good, I like a tight fit especially with cotton as it tends to grow a bit as it gets older.
Don’t you love how forgiving a knitted fabric is?

Soleil
Yarn: Bendigo 8ply cotton – 1 200g hank (480m) I have nearly 50g left over.
Needles: 3.75mm Aero circular.
Measurements:
Waist 26”
Bust 34”
Length. 21”