Saturday, January 31, 2009

A different way of knitting in the round - only 2 needles!


Last week I decided to make a phone sock - I am so sick of not being able to find my black phone in my black bag.

I wanted it to be easy to make and seam free. I did have to rip it out and remake it once as I wasn't sure of what I was doing initially.

Here is the final pattern. My phone is a very small Nokia Classic (no flip or slide opening)

Phone sock
Note: you will be making this up inside out.

Finished Size 4cm x 10.5cm
Yarn Cleckheaton 100% bamboo
tension: 28st to 10cm

Cast on 20 stitches
Every row: k1 sl1 keeping the yarn at the back at all times.

Repeat this row until sock is 10cm long ensuring the first stitch is knitted tightly on each row. Make sure you have completed an even number of rows.
Top band
Separate your stitches onto 2 dpns.
Starting with the back stitches:
Cast on 3 stitches.
K2 k2tog turn
P3
repeat these 2 rows until only 3 stitches remaining.
Cast off.

Sew in ends.